Sunday, February 12, 2006

I've never seen a night so long

The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
I’m so lonesome I could cry
--- Hank Williams, "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry"

Another weekend of no social contact. Did some homework (I'm all caught up now, aside from long-term projects looming far in the future), watched TV ("The Shield" on DVD --- easily my favorite police drama), walked the dog (she's obedient off the leash these days; she's happier bounding around, and it's so much more enjoyable for me).

Went to the comic store. Bought two more Bone volumes: The Dragonslayer and Ghost Circles. Total number of graphic novels purchased this year: nine. Total amount spent: $52. Not too shabby!

The Ex is moving back to Little Canada very soon. I'm unsure how I feel about that; I no longer want to be with her, of course, but it as an undeniable symbol of closure to our relationship, it tinges me with a little regret and sadness.

No comments: