Thursday, October 20, 2005

Stand and deliver

In American Public School, we had our first group presentation (the class was assigned classroom topics, and presented a 5-10 minute talk on the topic; our team was given Measurement, and I outlined a few broad strategies). Even though as a kid I did a lot of acting (stage and radio, some voice-over) and felt never a shred of stage fright, in my adult years I've gotten a bit nervous talking in front of classmates. Tonight was no exception; I think I talked too fast and shook a bit. I don't know why; it's not like I'm shy, and my peers don't intimidate me or anything. Maybe it's just that I get flustered doing most things for the first time. Come the second presentation, I'll do better.

And two classmates told me I sounded like I had bronchitis. Lovely.

No comments: