Thursday, February 12, 2009

They didn't know they couldn't make the scene

Well, the second round of parent conferences came and went. They went swimmingly, for the most part; several even had a jocund, relaxed air.

I told L2's parents that his behavior, while distracting, has improved lately (at least he's not writing "boobs" on pieces of scrap paper any more).

I told L's parents, in a gentle euphemistic way that their son, while extremely strong on math and literacy skills, has zero intellectual curiosity or academic pride and rushes sloppily through his work so he can build Lego airplanes all day long.

I told S2's parents that he's completely on target for first grade, despite his late summer birthday and his tendency to drift into reveries and so not finish work.

I told G's parents that his confidence was slowly increasing, which is mostly true.

Now all I have to do is write up the stupid conference notes for every single one of the meetings.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

If I had a choice between lingering over math and literacy exercises that someone had asked me to do and hitting the Lego bins, I know ~I~ would be zipping through the former as soon as humanly possible.... Sensible lad, L.