Sunday, August 07, 2022

Peel me off this Velcro seat

Today was a very lazy day.  Went swimming, read some books, watched TV.  Took a nap.  Just trying to steel myself for tomorrow, my first day back.  I have a lot of anxiety about it.  I don't know what teaching second grade in the Burton Independent School District looks like.  I do know that working in the BISD is much less fun than working at private schools.  I want to go into it with the best expectations.  The kids are there to have fun and be instructed and grow and gain confidence.  They are the job, not the impediments to my day, even though sometimes it does feel like that.  

My team member, Ms. Andrews, teaches math and science and I'm going to be teaching literacy and social studies.  We haven't interacted much, but it seems like we'll get along.  One reason for my anxiety is that Hanover's principal and vice-principal, whom I really admired and liked, have both left and there are two unknowns now in charge.

In other job news, LD may have gotten a new job.  She's been out of work officially since July when the company that employed her was integrated into another company that bought it. 

No comments: