Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Let's get loaded

Because I have a short attention span and it gets tiresome talking about my generally unvarying daily schedule, here's a very short list of questions.

Originally here, and what a great idea it is.

Hypotheticals: If you could bathe in a vat of any drink or food item, what would you choose?
This is not my thing at all. I've never been turned on by foodstuffs as an intimacy in the bedroom, and I certainly don't want to bathe in any comestible. Whatever it was would probably become revolting to me afterward. That said, it might be kind of fun to see what a bathtub of Jello felt like. And now I'm imagining a tub full of chocolate shake. Brr, too cold.

Anything Goes: What world-changing event would you like to take credit for?
I'd like to be able to say I brought peace to the world's religions (which will never happen), or ended cancer (which might). Or ridding the world of rats --- there's got to be some kind of medal for doing that. If the event is limited to something that has actually happened, I'd be proud to take credit for inventing the Internet, as flawed as it is.

No-Brainers: What song do you keep hearing over and over again?
I'd say that the song that occurs to me spontaneously the most is Bob Dylan's "Mr. Tambourine Man." But their name is legion, really. Lehrer's "Elements," Costello's "Oliver's Army," Cave's "Red Right Hand," Waits' "Singapore," Traveling Wilburys' "Handle Me With Care," Echo and the Bunnymen's "Killing Moon," the Smiths' "There is a Light,"etc etc etc.

Personals: What are you most proud of?
My predilection for educating myself.

4 comments:

Churlita said...

I love "The Killing Moon".

NYC Educator said...

I've always been a little freaked out by the line "Oliver's army "are" on their way."

Shouldn't it be "is?" Or is that some British thing?

Chance said...

It's a British thing. They pluralize bands as well: "The Verve are a great band."

Michael5000 said...

I'd like to take credit for the Sack of Rome. It wasn't Charles V, it was me. Yes. Thank you.