Sunday, October 01, 2006

The miserable have no other medicine but only hope

Maddening Angel came over today. We lay on my bed and watched a few episodes of "Scrubs." We love that show. Then we ate dinner together at an Indian place that I'm not too fond of. Then we went our separate ways. (I have lots of vague lingering wisps of feeling that broil to the surface whenever I'm around her, but sticking to my recent imposition on the pity-party posts, I am not going to dissect them. Suffice it to say I'm still conflicted.)

I went to the Hangout where a rally was staged for two people who are running for elected municipal positions (both of whom I know personally so won't mention). I invited K, and she came down as well. We played the old video games and chatted for a bit. One of Friar's acts played. He was a one-man-band with an acoustic guitar and a tape machine and the sound was dull and muted. The other band was terrific.

They were selling shirts on behalf of Mr. Candidate for $20. I approached Mr. Candidate and asked him, "I have a question about a serious issue. Where do you stand on ridiculously inflated T-shirt prices?"

He said, "I'm in favor of them, tonight."

That was about the extent of the excitement, except for when a pretty girl I didn't know sidled up beside me as I played video trivia and used her feminine wiles on me to make me stop playing video trivia and play (and pay for) endless sessions of the game she wanted to play. I didn't mind; I have fun with the photo search game too, and she did buy me a drink in return. It was a beer. I didn't have the heart to tell her I don't drink beer, so I took miniscule sips of the nasty thing until she left with her friends, and then I threw it away.

No comments: