Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I feel mistreated and I don't mind dyin'

I wore a 24-hour heart monitor at work today (discreetly, under a sweater; it's very small). Soon, its readout will inform doctors of whether I need to have some kind of horrible mechanical device inserted into me in the near future. Which is a fate worse than death, in my book.

Anyway. I had no schedule at work, so I spent all day literally walking around seeing where I was needed. I opened doors at the Older Students carpool; cut lengths of yarn for a teacher's project; cut lamination for another teacher; sat in on a fascinating fourth grade science project in which students designed Lego engines that could throw a ping-pong ball two feet; sat in on a second-grade math lesson; went on a 3-D shape hunt with a kindergarten class; showed off my infantile Chinese language skillz to a Chinese teacher; gave breaks to teachers at recess; and generally fluttered around trying to be helpful. Oh, and the Assistant Head asked me and another male teacher to play her sons in a drama preceding a book talk. That means I have to be at work before 7:00 a.m. next week. The things I do to ingratiate myself.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

It sounds like the perfect day to someone like me who is kind of ADD anyway.