Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Some babies grow in a peculiar way

I left work early to get my booster Hepatitis B shot for an upcoming trip to Haiti. If indeed this goes through (and I have already committed financially), I shall be traveling with a church group, led by a cardiac surgeon who was the father of a girl in the class I had my first year at Prestigius. We're going to distribute medicine and such. As I have absolutely no useful skills other than a so-so French (which isn't really what they parlez in Haiti anyway), I'm not sure why I was asked along, but I'm interested/trepidatious about the adventure.

If I do go, it will be my first trip outside the U.S. in many years (I had to get a new passport), and it will break my workout streak. Currently, I am on my 178th consecutive day of exercise with free weights.

Well, as long as I don't, you know, die screaming in a falling aircraft, surrounded by damn praying.

No comments: