Thursday, January 06, 2022

And will our voices be heard

I got tested and I don't have Covid.  Most likely.  Yet.  

At work the kids were cutting out, among other things, a picture of cheese to glue on their paper.  Super-achiever JXC told me in all innocence, "I'm going to cut the cheese, but I know it doesn't go on yet.  It just makes it easier to get to the other pictures."  I thought I detected HND, a mischievous towheaded lad, smirk at the cheese phrase.  Indeed, later he announced loudly, holding up the picture, "Who wants me to cut the cheese?"  After a positive response, he tore the picture with his hands.  JXC said, "That's not cutting, that's ripping."  At which point SEM, an earnest Indian boy, cried, "Yeah, you ripped one!  I didn't rip one, you ripped one!"

I didn't even know those expressions were still in use.

No comments: