Sunday, January 09, 2022

I looked for myself in the rear view mirror

Didn't do much today.  I slept a lot.  But I don't even have Covid as an excuse.  I know, because I got a second test today just to be sure Thursday's wasn't a false negative, and I am currently corona-free.  KJr is also Covid and flu negative, but Cake does have the rona.

This weekend was blissfully free of kids' activities.  Crab is still in Africa with her stepmother and Kraut, and Cake's quarantine means we didn't spent all weekend getting up at an ungodly hour and driving out to Cowtown, USA to watch untold hours upon hours of junior high girls' volleyball.  I got to luxuriate in bed late and take naps.

And yet, somehow, I still feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to watch, read, and listen to everything I want to.  Maybe it's all the napping.

Burton Independent School District has reinstated its mask mandate for at least a couple of weeks due to the rise in Covid cases.  That's good, although as I think I said most of the students in my class continued to wear them anyway.

This is turning into a Covid blog, ugh.

For dinner I made ground turkey baked in half bell peppers topped with Monterey jack.  Nature's taco! 

Tomorrow at work... more assessment based on an app that the district probably paid a lot of money for so we have to use even though it's not any better than me just asking the kids the questions!

No comments: