Friday, December 02, 2005

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I stayed home from work today. The Ex picked me up (in my car, which will soon be hers) and we went to the courthouse to file for divorce. It was an irritatingly bureaucratic process, and two months from now, we have to call up and set a court date, and then show up. What a drag it is. Sometimes you just gotta laugh. Or cry. or shoot yourself.

Afterwards, we went out to lunch together. It was rather bittersweet. We both got kind of teary-eyed at the end. But she's definitely happy where she is, while I'm fucking miserable.

***

I saw Rent again, this time with the Maddening Angel and her childhood friend. But then MA went off on a date or barhopping or to look for guys and I went home and the utter horrible sadness of my life hit me and...

I just feel empty and cold.

No comments: