Friday, January 27, 2006

All these double knit strangers with recycled stories

Went to work a bit late, as I overslept. This is the result of being a bit depressed over Ram. At work, the Maddening Angel told me her party would be at (one of her many, many) ex-boyfriend's house rather than her own, for a variety of reasons. I told her I couldn't possibly go in that case, and she got pretty mad.

I went to Classroom Management. We broke into two large groups to present Competency Six to one another. I tried to be funny but also knowledgeable and competent. I always straddle a line between charming and annoying.

Afterward, I went to the Hangout. The Friar gave me an assignment for a band poster. I had texted T and told her I was going, and she showed up. Then a psychotic ex-boyfriend of hers came by and acted bizarre and violent and she had to leave. I also talked to W, one of T's fellow waitresses at TriviaBar and a Hangout regular. Lord, that girl is a mess. She has horrible self-esteem, drinks way too much, and basically hates her life. I just wanted to pour her into my car and take her home and put her to bed. It sure made my self-pity seems small in comparison.

I was out till 2:00 a.m., even though I work at 9 a.m. tomorrow. Hell, I had fun. I'd do it again.

No comments: