Thursday, January 05, 2006

No repercussions for my hubris!

Well, apparently my acting like a prick (though I don't remember the particulars, I take the Friar's word for it) last night had no ill effects. The Maddening Angel came into work friendly as ever, sharing her raisin bread and acting as if she hadn't peeled off in a rage leaving me standing by the curb drunk last night. (And, apparently, earlier in the evening she hit me in the gut full force, she told me, though I have no recollection whatever of such a thing.) She ended up going to couple of bars that night and hanging out with a couple of her hundred or so male friends.

After work, I went over to her house and we watched my DVD of Dodgeball and drank wine. She got a little tipsy. She leaned on my shoulder like old times and when the movie was over claimed drunken sleepiness and went to bed. It was barely 9:00 p.m. This, of course, is extremely unlike her --- is it a measure of my madness that I suspect that after I left she got back up and went out with J, her ex-boyfriend's supposed "best friend" whom she had that sordid adventure with? (And whom I suspect her of sleeping with.) She kept looking at the clock while we watched the movie as if she had to be somewhere, so...

I don't know. I do know that if that is the case, it would be touching as hell. For her to go through such a charade just to spare my feelings would be very impressive.

I wished she had asked me to stay, though. Maybe if we'd both drunk more. If only Dodgeball were a longer movie...

***

Next week, class starts again at State School. I will then work half time and take --- gulp --- four classes, one every evening 7-9:45 p.m. Monday to Thursday. It's gonna be a full semester.

No comments: