Sunday, April 02, 2006

In restless dreams I walk alone

Hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
Because a vision softly creeping
Left its seeds while I was sleeping
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence
--- Simon And Garfunkel, "The Sound Of Silence"

A day's outing with Spooky and Baby. We went to the museum of natural history and looked at dinosaur fossils, minerals, and info on the human genome. We dropped Baby off with Babydaddy and joined the Friar for lunch at Cheesefries. (Ugh. It always seems like such a good idea when you're hungry, but such a horrible idea when the greasy stuff's settled in your stomach.) Then we swung back to her place, picked Baby up again and took her to my house. The three of us walked Dog, which pleased Baby.

Spooky and I were supposed to go see Auric at some venue --- he's touring in support of his solo album --- but she got one of her many (possibly psychosomatic) debilitating health issues and couldn't go. So Friar and I went, and it was fun. We saw Auric, of course, and the drummer for Auric's group (who wasn't playing, but attends the shows), and Sonar and his gorgeous wife, and Auric's sister, and some other folks. Sonar and Sonarwife made a big deal about me no longer being married; they only recently found out.

It was nice to go out and do stuff, but I wanted to sleep with Spooky tonight. I called her to pick her up, but it was too late. Bummer.

A girl who worked at the venue seemed to be flirting with me quite heavily, then mentioned her husband. But after just mentioning him in passing, she still kept talking in the same tones, at the same very close physical proximity. It seems to me that often people flirt because, rather than despite the fact that, they're in solid relationships --- they know where they stand, so the flirting is a safe way to blow off steam; it won't lead anywhere.

I texted Ram, and she wrote back. Nothing titillating or unseemly, just a hello. She said we still need to get that dinner. I don't know if we ever will, but it's nice that she hasn't completely written me off.

No comments: