Monday, October 22, 2007

Week Eight

Poor Ms. S in the next first grade room. Her husband had a heart attack so she's out all week. I hope he's okay. That class had a substitute who was just terrible: came in late, left early, didn't study the lesson plan, shouted a lot, complained the kids were rowdy, talked on the phone during class hours. She's been a "professional" teacher for a lot of years, and I probably could have done a better job than her ten years ago. I'm all for paying teachers twice as much, but only if all the incompetent ones are fired first.

We also had an anti-drug rally for K-3 in the afternoon. It was seriously the most retarded thing I've ever seen in my life. Six high schoolers with puppets that lip-synched to a CD with songs and dialogue. Hard to hear, and mostly drowned out in any case by the kids screaming and laughing at the puppets' wacky antics. Way to drive that message home, Drug Free Party Kids!

1 comment:

NYC Educator said...

I'm with you one the incompetent teachers. They must be hard up for subs in your neck of the woods.