Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I hate my generation

I'm a geek and a pop-culture nerd, and I sincerely admire Seth Green as an actor and as a person (from what little I've seen and heard, he appears to be a level-headed, decent guy). So you'd think I'd enjoy his pop-culture parody show Robot Chicken. And yet, I thought it was mediocre. I laughed only about one minute out of every ten, and was straight-out bored for three minutes of every ten. It reminded me of Family Guy --- simply replicating scenes from shows and games in lieu of punchlines.

One aspect I did like, and that seems to be very popular in general, is the Star Wars vignettes.

"Luke, I am your father!"

"Nooooo! That's impossible!"

"And Leia is your sister!"

"That's... improbable!"

"And the empire will be brought down by Ewoks!"

"That's.... very unlikely!"

No comments: