Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A riderless black horse, the bridge has disappeared

I met the other half of the parents. I think we're off to a good start. Everyone seemed satisfied with me and excited for the year to begin. Of course, I have no way of knowing if they're harboring dark doubts about me and my qualifications, but it doesn't seem so. The good thing about Prestigious is how involved the parents are; all these meetings help the parents with that big jump of their baby into kindergarten. They can talk to their child's previous, pre-K teachers (and I'm well aware that most have asked about me). Even better, because I was a substitute last year, all those kids know who I am, so that probably eases a few qualms as well.

Later in the afternoon, we had sexual harassment training, finally. Unfortunately, nothing happened that I could make fun of. It wasn't even a very irritating talk.

So, the kids start school tomorrow. Am I ready? Oh, no. But we'll muddle through the day somehow.

2 comments:

Yankee in England said...

I am getting all excited for you to start school. Can I come be in your class. O wait I wear cleavage bearing tops I guess they would check me out. Good luck!

Churlita said...

Damn. I hate it when you can't make fun of the sexual harassment training. I've been to some where they make you watch really dumb, outdated movies that everyone could laugh at.