Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Well she said she'd stick around until the bandages came off

Ten years have gone by.

When I started this blog, I was an adult, but so young.

I was coy about my age, but now I am middle and there is no denying it.

My hair is streaked with grey.

My relationship is not where I want it to be and is still precarious and uncertain.  Some days it is heaven and some days it just seems like pain.

I am very much a younger sibling, a hurt and torn child, the product of a childhood that was composed of derisive stares and mockery.  I am needy and demanding and --- now, in a total reversal --- prone to breaking down in tears at setbacks.

Is this a dream or a prayer?

I haven't become emo.  It's just a meditation.  More tomorrow, or in a week, or in ten years.

1 comment:

Kurt said...

"But these mamas boys just don't know when to quit."

My parent was fond of telling me "everything you touch turns to shit." Imagine how I turned out.