Monday, December 26, 2005

Everything's gonna be cool this Christmas

Had a pretty good Xmas at the Aunt's house, with Brother, Cousin and assorted hangers-on in attendance. I got a couple of books that look interesting, two CDs from my Amazon wishlist, a Jesus action figure with glow-in-the-dark hands, a DVD of a movie that's currently still in theaters (a bootleg from the streets of NYC), and perhaps coolest of all, a new printer that functions as a scanner. I hope to upload a few drawings once it's set up.

Went to an Xmas party at Anacreon's house. The Friar and his wife, Muffin and her husband, and few others I know from casual acquaintance were there. The Maddening Angel left a party of her own to drop by and say hi (though she had never met Anacreon), but left after only a brief stay to go back to her boyfriend's party. Resentment, jealousy, frustration, depression.

Brother and I left the party and went to the Hangout, which was a madhouse. A maaaadhouse! I have never seen it so crowded, and no one I knew was there, except the owner, who was too far away to talk to. Despite the noise and the non-favored service status, Brother and I stayed for a drink and had a nice chat, mostly about my unhealthy obsession with MA.

Merry Christmas to all, and may the peace of the season last for a year.

No comments: