Saturday, September 02, 2006

We'll roll round the mountain, drive down in the valley

Yeah I wanna drive your, your long and beautiful,
Your rounded-body, wheel-to-roll limousine
I've never had the thrill of riding such a wonderful machine
--- Chuck Berry, "I Want To Be Your Driver"

Added to blog sidebar: Blurred Clarity. Written by one D. Hoffmann-Gill, a smart fellow.

Speaking of blogs, because I switched to the "Blogger Beta" update, I can't comment at any of my favorite Blogger blogs for the time being. Stupid blogger!

(A whim prompts me to make the following two Google searches:

"I hate blogger" = 16,900 hits
"I love blogger" = 13,200 hits

And that shows someone something.)

***

In lieu of content, here is a stupid meme. These may pop up with more frequency in the near future, as I try to cut back on the reporting of my social life for a while (it makes me over-analyse everything).

Do you enjoy birthdays? Even when I was a kid, I never liked the fuss. A bit is okay, and I appreciate the gifts, but let's not make a big deal. No parties or stupid questions about how it feels to be another year older, please. Just let me get my cane so I can hobble over to my rocker and rest these weary bones.

What's your favorite Christmas song? "We Three Kings." I especially like it when it is sung by the kings with a chorus of camels in Claymation. (I saw this on a Christmas special once, many years ago.) And I like to sing (very badly) "Gloria in Excelsis Deo."

Do you do push-ups? Yes, at least 25 a day, part of my strength regimen.

Have you ever done Ecstasy?
I have never done any illegal drugs except a puff or two of the old marijuana, which was many years ago, except for that one time back in February with Waitress W.

Do you like Disney World? I have never been and have no interest in it whatsoever. I try to resist these crass consumer-heavy commercial centers.

Do you like the rain?
What the hell kind of question is that? I like a light sprinkle, I guess, but who wants to sit in a downpour with the thunder and the lightning and the hey hey?

Favorite perfume? As a male, I am incapable of registering perfumes on any level.

Middle name? Everyone on this blog has a pseudonym. Let's say Sweeney.

Name the last 3 things you have bought today.
A CD of T.S. Eliot reading his own poetry; a bottle of Dr. Pepper (for charity); and... uh... No, I only bought two items today.

Name five non-alcoholic drinks you regularly drink. Water (at least 36 ounces a day); juice (orange or lemonade); Silk brand chocolate soymilk; milk; Odwalla protein shakes.

Name five alcoholic drinks you regularly drink: Apple cider; pear cider; vodka and tonic; vodka and juice; Tom Collins.

What time did you wake up today?
About 9:00 a.m. Why, are you implying that I'm some sort of slug-a-bed?

Can you spell?
Impeccably, except for typos. I think fast, and my stubby little fingers can't keep up.

Current worries? Well, this blog has about 120,000 words detailing my current worries, but in a nutshell, my ludicrous lack of social, financial and professional success given my age and experience.

Current hate?
The current political administration's disregard for the purpose of good government and its determination to ride roughshod over the sacrosanct will of the people in order to fellate the false god Mammon.

Favorite place to be?
Geographically, that's hard to say. At one point, I would have said Oregon. Now I'm not so sure. More specifically, I guess I like to be at the Hangout, drinking and playing with my friends.

Least favorite place to be?
Bars and social scenes I'm not familiar with. Crowds make me uncomfortable.

Where do you want to go? Why, are you paying? I'd like to see Ireland and Australia. The place I've been to that I'd like to revisit again is Paris.

Do you own slippers?
What? This is Texas.

Where do you think you will be in 10 years?
In some nice laid-back college town teaching elementary school.

Do you burn or tan?
Burn.

Yellow or blue? I like blue.

Would you give up your current life to be a pirate? Pirates are too romanticized. I've read a lot of books about what life at sea was really like. No thank you.

Do you sing in the shower?
No.

What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Kidnappers.

How much cash do you have on you?
$105, oddly enough.

Last thing that made you laugh?
The Comics Curmudgeon, just before writing this.

Best bed sheets you had as a child?
Uh... What kind of sick twisted freak has fond memories of childhood bedsheets?

Worst injury you've ever had?
Being born.

Where have you been out of your home country?
Canada, England, France, India, and Nepal. Stopovers in other countries don't count.

Who is your loudest friend?
The Maddening Angel.

Who is your most silent friend?
T-Bone.

Does someone have a crush on you?
That's extremely unlikely.

What song did you last hear?
"How a Resurrection Really Feels," by the Hold Steady. Incredible band.

What song do you want played at your funeral?
"Death Is Not the End," by Bob Dylan.

What were you doing at 12:00 last night?
I was reading or surfing the web. Look, I don't have to account for every hour of my day to you. Is this over? Am I being charged with anything? I can go, right? Fine. You'll hear from my lawyers about this.

No comments: