Saturday, February 03, 2007

It says "me" twice and it's too long

Gunner sent me two memes. Not at once, separately. But I conflated them and I guess I'll do them. For her. Even though she doesn't read this.
  1. Do you wish upon stars? Oh no, is this going to be one of those things? Come on.

  2. What color pants are you wearing? Grey.

  3. What are you listening to right now? An mp3 of Bob Dylan's "Theme Time radio Hour." I've become quite adept at this downloading thing lately.

  4. What was the last thing you ate? A pizza I made. Well, I took a frozen margherita pizza and added more fresh tomatoes, hamburger, mushrooms and more cheese.Wolfgang Puck ain't got nothing on me, baby!

  5. If you were a crayon, what would you be? Insensate. And possibly, therefore, happier.

  6. How is the weather now? Funny you should ask. This is the most wintery winter I think I've ever experienced in this city. it's been freezing many nights, and snowed three times. I prefer the typical Texas winter: low 60s or so and sunny skies.

  7. Favorite drink? Chocolate Silk.

  8. Favorite sport? Doing: weightlifting, which I've done more or less constantly for about 18 years now. If I were more athletic and social, I'd probably enjoy a friendly game of field hockey. But I hate running around fields for the most part. Hiking with a friend can be cool. As for watching, boxing or mixed martial arts matches; I have next to zero interest in team sports of any kind.

  9. Do you wear contacts? No. I was born with really terrible vision and a few years back got the laser eye surgery. I've got a few weird lingering side effects like bad low-light vision, but I'm very happy that I did it. I wasn't able to wear soft contacts because of some other thing wrong with my eyes, and I sure as hell wasn't going to put bits of glass on my eyeballs, so this was the only route if I didn't want to have Coke-bottles on my face for the rest of my life. One of the best things I ever did. It didn't hurt, either, though the devices they used to keep my eyes open during the actual lasering reminded me of the devices they put on Alex in Clockwork Orange.

  10. Favorite month? This is not something I think about much. I guess maybe May? It has nice weather.

  11. What was the last movie you saw? The day before yesterday, I finished watching (for the second time) Kids In the Hall: Brain Candy. Not as funny as I remembered it; a mildly amusing send-up of the pharmaceutical industry and our tendency to use medication as a first strike. As usual, Dave Foley was the best part, though he's not in it much and didn't get a writing credit. Scott Thompson's repressed gay guy was a nice bit, too.

  12. What was your favorite toy as a child? Um. Masters of the Universe figures? Or maybe Lego.

  13. What did you do last night? I saw an episode of HBO's series "Rome" for the first time. Not bad. I may have to get the first season and see it in earnest now.

  14. How many states have you lived in? Cities? States, let's see. I lived in California, Oregon, Texas, New York, Maryland, and Michigan for at least a year each. Cities, I don't know. Probably ten or so.

  15. Favorite Disney character? That's tough. I enjoyed Robin Williams' madcap Genie a lot. But I admired the indefatigable spirit of Tom Hanks' Woody (hee hee!) more, especially in Toy Story 2. I like movies that preach the message, "Never give up, no matter what the odds."

  16. What are you most afraid of? Tornadoes. There's just nothing you can do, man. They come out of nowhere and, like Batman, they will wreck your shit.

  17. When is your birthday? Never you mind. I hate thinking about my birthday. All it means is I'm another day nearer to the cold embrace of Lady Death.

  18. What time did you get up this morning? For the first time in quite a while, Dog did not wake me up whining to go outside, and I slept in until 9:30. Very refreshing.

  19. Diamonds or pearls? Whichever she likes best!

  20. What was the last film you saw at the theater? I've honestly no idea, it's been so long.

  21. What is your favorite TV show? HBO's "The Wire."

  22. What superhero would you be? Green Lantern, baby! Where there's a will, there's a huge unbreakable green construct destroying everything that stands in my way.

  23. What is your favorite cuisine? Italian. Pizza, pasta. Cheese. Yes.

  24. What foods do you dislike? Anything spicy.

  25. Your favorite potato chip? I can honestly say that I have no favorite potato chip. Who am I, this guy?

  26. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Aside from the classics I've been listening to for years and years, I'd say The Hold Steady's Boys And Girls In America is still doing it for me. Utter brilliance.

  27. What kind of car do you drive? A very small SUV-type made by Toyota. dark blue. At least I say it is. Girls seem to think it's purple.

  28. Favorite sandwich? Look, if the ingredients are fresh, any sandwich is great. Peanut butter, turkey, roast beef, whatever. Was the person who thought up these questions hungry when they did it? I clearly don't think about food as much as they do.

  29. What characteristics do you despise? Deliberate ignorance, unwillingness to compromise, over-defensiveness. Hey, that sounds like someone in particular!

  30. What are your favorite clothes? Another thing I don't think about much. Blue jeans, T-shirt, maybe a button-down, steel-toed shoes. Sleeveless shirt when it's hot.

  31. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where WOULDN’T you go? Anywhere in the Muslim world where I'd have my head slowly sawed off.

  32. Favorite brand of clothing? Brand? Clothing? Levi's?

  33. Where would you want to retire? Paris. This is taking way too long. Luckily I can multi-task.

  34. Favorite time of day? Night.

  35. Where were you born? New York.

  36. Pepsi or Coke? I'm trying to avoid soda altogether lately and haven't drunk either of these two in a very long time, but I vastly prefer Coke to Pepsi; always have.

  37. Beavers or Ducks? That's weird. I'm sure Gunner doesn't understand this reference, but it actually applies to my life. I'm a Beav all the way, baby! Actually, I couldn't care less, but I did attend Beaver U. My limited experience with Duck U. was that the students there were total assholes.

  38. Pedicure or manicure? I've never had either and don't care to. I have very bad nails. I need to stop biting them.

  39. Any exciting news you’d like to share? No, the inevitable letdown always depresses me.

  40. What did you want to be when you were little? A cartoonist.

  41. What is your best childhood memory? Not counting high school as "childhood," though that's the era of some of my best memories, I guess hanging out with a good friend, making up games and stories.

  42. Piercing? I'm vehemently against it on my own person. It does nothing for me in girls, either.

  43. Ever been to Africa? No, but I'd like to go to a few places there. I'd love to be able to go on a wildlife safari in Madagascar, for example.

  44. Ever toilet papered a house? No.

  45. Been in a car accident? As a passenger, a couple of medium intensity. One as a young kid with my father (driving drunk) and one with my old undergrad housemate. He broadsided a Volvo with two kids in it, sending it in a 360 across the road amidst a shower of shattered glass. Luckily, no one was hurt. He had no insurance and no registration (nor, as he found out later, did he even legally own the car he was driving), and his first, panicked instinct was to flee the scene, but I convinced him not to do that. As the driver, I've been in a few very minor accidents, none of which were my fault (all but one were me being bumped from behind, and in the other case, the woman admitted fault and her insurance paid the full repair bill for my car).

  46. Favorite restaurant? There's a steak house here that costs about $100 per person, including appetizer and drink, and is worth every penny. Mmmm... Medium-rare filet mignon.

  47. Favorite flower? I don't have opinions about flowers, though I can appreciate the colorful ones. I like flowers with different and rich colors on them.

  48. Favorite ice cream? Ben and Jerry's Chubby Hubby. Peanut butter-filled pretzels make it saltilicious!

  49. Favorite fast food restaurant? I very rarely go, and only with others, but the old standby McDonald's. Jack in the Box has good shakes, though I haven't been there in more than a year.

  50. How many times did you fail your drivers test? Zero, though as I recall I squeaked out a pass by the barest of margins.

  51. From whom did you get your last e-mail? A parent at the Job. It was to the whole school, not me personally.

  52. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Back when it was still extant, Tower. Now, Border's.

  53. Your bedtime? Around 11:00 p.m., unfortunately.

  54. Last person you went to dinner with? The Friar, I think. It's been a while.

  55. What is your favorite color? Dark blue, midnight blue, deep purple: that range of hues seems very peaceful to me. Also, black.

  56. How many tattoos do you have? None, but it's never too late, I guess.

  57. Favorite magazine? I love Slate's online magazine. terrific, informed writing about every subject under the sun. I used to read print magazines, but I don't much care anymore. England's music magazine Q is possibly the world's most entertaining reading if you're at all a pop music fan, but it's way too expensive to become a habit here in the States.

No comments: