Saturday, February 17, 2007

Now I'm really getting old

Was invited to dinner at 74 and Zaftig's house. The baby was cute as ever, really starting to look like her mother. Also, extremely affectionate and smiley with me. The parents said she doesn't show nearly as much attention to people she sees every day. I just have a way with kids --- though truth to tell, most babies seem frightened of me; it's preschoolers who almost always like me.

After dinner, 74 and I met Friar and his boss and at the Hangout. We hung out and laughed and played golf and, in a fit of alcohol-fueled poor judgment, ate at our old high school haunt Denny's (which has changed a lot since our time; we were the only white people eating there). We stayed out until 4 a.m.

In the morning I was very ill, dried out and with a drum for a head. No longer twenty.

No comments: