Monday, September 24, 2007

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero, I always say

Went to a Greek restaurant with the Friar, Palfrey, 74, Zaftig and some woman I've met before but don't know. It wasn't a birthday celebration (that's later), but I gave him a gift anyway: the Ed Brubaker-penned Captain America omnibus [and damn, apparently I could have got it for $30 less on Amazon]. An expensive book, but gripping reading, and he's my best friend. Also, later that evening at the Hangout he gave me a $300 digital camera he had, just because I happened to mention I'd like one. So there's that.

Speaking of money, it's slightly alarming to see my savings dwindle away as I student teach, working nine- or ten-hour days for not the slightest condign pecuniary guerdon. Hopefully I'll land a job quickly in December, if I'm deemed unworthy of the position at Prestigious.

No comments: