Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Like Harrison Ford I'm Frantic

No time to blog my day. Only time to record this pair of 'Kids Say...' gems.

(1) I affectionately patted a six-year-old girl on the head. She said, "Hey! Don't mess up my hair." Now, she's cute and all, but one of those little girls who's slightly scraggly from play. So I said, "Your hair's always sort of messed up." She gave me a Look --- lips pursed, arms akimbo, the whole works --- and said, "Oh no you di'n't!" (None of the kids in the class are black.)

(2) A girl of Vietnamese descent came up to me upset. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "Sayeed is making fun of my name because it's from another language!" I blinked at her. "Sayeed is making fun of your name because what now?"

Oh, the delicious irony.

No comments: