Thursday, January 31, 2008

Everyday I write the blog

It's late and I'm tired, so I'm just going to toss out a few things. Not that I'm going to drop off to sleep after I post this. I never fall asleep easily these days. Tachycardia and so forth. So unhealthy.

(1) Next year's position is supposed to be a secret for a while, but the admin told the kindergarten teachers, so I suppose it'll be a day at most before everyone knows. There's no place like schools for gossip. But the other K teachers were very welcoming and congratulatory about it.

(2) Today I subbed for the art teacher. I went around with a cart of supplies to nine pre-K classes to supervise a pattern project (gluing paper squares to make borders for pictures). I also covered a recess and another teacher's reading time. This was perhaps the most tiring day I've ever had at Prestigious. Nine pre-K art sessions takes the pep out of a man.

(3) I am excited about it, but I'm naturally pessimistic and refuse to believe that the position is mine until it actually happens. Someone might decide they want to stay after all, and then I'd be put back in the sub team.

(4) Today a second-grade girl told me that when women put on lipstick, they're putting "pig butt" on their lips because lipstick is made from pig butt. I'm pretty sure that's not true. I said that most lipsticks were synthetic now, anyway.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

I was back in the classroom today! I was a guest judge for 7th-grade Constitutional Law presentations, and got to grill them with follow-up questions. What a blast....