Monday, October 06, 2008

Every smile you fake

I had my first observation today. Prestigious holds these little events, in which half the classroom's parents crowd around the little one-way glass and peek in, watching their kids at work without them knowing. It went fine. One of the kids spilled the coins he was counting, and the cleanup-to-gather and review transition was a bit slow, but it was mostly smooth. The kids have been acting a little more rambunctious than usual, so I may have been less than my jolly, effervescent self, but I was told by Miss Busty (who helped present the observation to the parents) and a junior administrator that everything was satisfactory. The next half of the class is scheduled to come Wednesday; perhaps I can muster up enough energy by then to get a "more than satisfactory."

No comments: