Monday, August 21, 2006

The moon to whom the poets croon has given up and died

I don't believe in the sun
How could it shine down on everyone
And never shine on me
How could there be such cruelty
--- The Magnetic Fields, "I Don't Believe In the Sun"

Today was my first "early" shift at work --- 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., officially anyway. But since a recent hire abruptly quit, I had to stay an hour later until the Boss returned from picking up her daughter.

Doldrums? Yes. Doldrums, I think.

Live trivia at the Hangout was cancelled due to some goddam fooball game. Lame. I hate goddamn fooball. But Lord amighty, don't most Texicans jest love them some fooball?

Much Badness is going on due to my father's recent auto accident. There is ugly muttering of repossessing the car I had agreed to seel the Ex. Yes, she would deserve it, having dealt with me mercilessly in the past and basically fucking me over six ways to Sunday. And yet, there's some rumbling deep in my soul that says that's not the kind of thing I could do and still respect myself.

No comments: