Saturday, November 24, 2007

Balancing a diamond on a blade of grass

I woke up early, unfortunately, to pick up Aunt at the airport. She's a high school counselor and had the whole week off; she vacationed in New Orleans. At the airport, I saw a Dangerous Young Black Man (tm) coming off her flight wearing jeans around his mid-thighs. He had to waddle around like a baby in a full diaper. Another Dangerous Young Black Man (tm) wore a hat with the price tag falling down in front of his face. I don't understand these newfangled fashions the young are wearing today, consarn it.

Friar picked me up and we drove around for a couple of hours looking at apartments. I'm thinking of celebrating the new job by getting a new nice apartment in January. I found a pretty good one, but I'm just in the considering stage for now.

Talked with my dad about his self-medicating. He told me a lot of things he's been doing, but I honestly can't tell what's true. I do think he's run out of opiates, as he's on that vindictive, bitter phase informed by junkie thinking. Oh, I know all the phases of the jonesing addict all too well.

Maddening Angel called me, but I didn't go out because I wanted to hang out with my parents and keep an eye out on the situation.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

It's so unfair that you have to stay home and watch your parents.

Chance said...

I think so too, but life's rough all over.