Saturday, November 10, 2007

It seems that my problems are very deep

My father's more coherent today, but still acting slightly jittery.

My sleep was plagued with nightmares, due to last night's intense anxiety.

I dreamed I acquired some kind of wildcat or bobcat as a pet, which then killed a neighbor's kitten. I was worried what they'd do when they found out.

Also had a very disquieting dream in which I was being interviewed, again, by Prestigious, this time accompanying the staff on some kind of camping trip. We all drove somewhere in a van. Most of them were giving me the cold shoulder. Friar was there, too, for some reason, and I overheard someone telling him that my position wasn't, after all, a sure thing, which upset me further.

***

Norman Mailer died. I've never read any of his works, and his public persona was a bit coarse, but anyone who head-butted Gore Vidal can't be all bad.

***

I was supposed to have lunch with Maddening Angel today (it's been ages since I last saw her), but spent my afternoon instead driving my father around, as his accident yesterday has left him chary of driving at all.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

God,that's tough. I'm sure your dad was your pet wildcat in your dream.