Sunday, December 09, 2007

Time filling

What did you do last night? I sat at home alone and watched Die Hard for the third time. I'm a regular party animal, baby.

The last thing you downloaded onto your computer? Elliott Smith's album, Figure 8. it's okay. I'm not the target audience for this dreamy falsetto singing set to strings, but I don't hate it.

Have you ever licked a 9 volt battery? No. That sounds like something someone stupid would do.

Last time you swam in a pool? Far too long, I'm sorry to say. I like swimming.

What are you wearing? What are you wearing? Is this a come-on?

How many cars have you owned? Only three, which is rather low considering how incredibly old I am.

Type of music you dislike most? Electronica. Industrial. Dance. You know, that shit without any intellect or sentiment behind it.

Are you registered to vote? Yes, not that I believe any longer in the power of the vote to effect change.

Do you have cable? No, I don't have any TV reception.

What kind of computer do you use? A Hewlett-Packard, somewhat old but quite serviceable.

Ever made a prank phone call? Yes, I've made hundreds in my mischievous youth. My favorite one was when my friend and I would call up someone and ask if some made-up name was there. When they said no or that we had the wrong number, we'd scream, "Are you insulting my integrity?" and hang up. We thought this was great clever fun at nine years old.

Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? No, I'm too chicken, I'm afraid. I wouldn't rule it out utterly and forever, but I just don't see myself doing it.

Furthest place you ever traveled? India and Nepal. I wrote a travel diary, too; maybe I'll post it up here some day. On topic, here is an Indian Abecedary I wrote on a whim once.

What's your favorite comic strip? My favorite of all time would probably be "Pogo." My favorite that's still current may be "Doonesbury," but I'm not very interested in newspaper comics.

Do you know all the words to the national anthem? No, but maybe I should.

Shower, morning or night? I prefer the night shower. It makes you warm and clean for bed, and anyway I'm too lazy to get up early enough to shower in the morning.

Best movie you've seen in the past month? I haven't seen anything lately that really stood out as an all-time great, but Hot Fuzz and The Fifth Element were both pretty entertaining.

Favorite pizza toppings? Mushroom and black olive. Bacon or beef, but only if it's high quality real meat, not that plastic red shit the chains use.

Chips or popcorn? I like popcorn, especially kettle corn or white cheddar, but I'm a big fan of Terra exotic chips.

What cell phone provider do you have? I had Cingular, but it got eaten up by At&T. AT&T is once more a giant. It has also eaten up the DSL provider I use. I'm old enough to remember when the government decreed that AT&T was an unfair monopoly and forced it to break up. That kind of market regulation, which is capitalist at heart and good for the country, is gone. This government is the lapdog of the super-rich.

Have you ever smoked peanut shells? No, but maybe I should. That sounds --- wait, what?

Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? No, that would be perverse. For one thing, I don't think I'm attractive. Second, I have no interest in competitions of any kind at all. Third, competitions based on physical appearance are shallow at best and oppressive at worst.

Orange juice or apple? In general I prefer orange juice, but only not from concentrate. However, fresh-pressed apple juice is the best.

Who were the last people you sat at lunch with? The first grade teachers at Brown Elementary, a few weeks go. Lord, I'm sociable.

Favorite chocolate bar? I used to really like Heath bars. Nowadays I don't eat too much chocolate but when I do it's almost always one of the Endangered Species bars.

Who is your longest friend and how long? Who's my longest friend? I don't really know my friends that well, you know? Get it? 'Cause it seems like this question is asking about penises?? Ahem. Anyhow, that would probably be Deep Blue, whom I've known for twenty-one years. Holy Xif, I'm old.

Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Far too long, unfortunately.

Have you ever won a trophy? I don't think so, and I don't care to.

Favorite arcade game? I've never been into video or arcade games like some of my friends, but I spent my share of hours playing Tetris and Street Fighter.

Ever ordered from an infomercial? No, those are for suckers.

Sprite or 7-Up? I don't have a dog in this fight.

Have you ever had to wear a uniform to school/work? In high school, we had to wear white button-down shirts, gray pants, and black or brown shoes. For gym we had uniforms in the school colors. I believe that once a week we had to wear a jacket and tie. In the job that's coming up, I'll have to wear slacks and a button-down, but it's pretty informal.

Last thing you bought at a drug store? I have no idea.

Ever thrown up in public? I don't think so. I was outside, but no one was watching.

Would you prefer being a millionaire or finding true love? I'd prefer to find true love.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes, but I think those involved have to work on it after that.

Spongebob or Jimmy Neutron? I'm only aware of those things from working with young kids for so many years. I couldn't possibly care less about either one of them.

What is your dog's name? All of my pets have been named after ancient dieties. My current dog is named for a Norse goddess.

Did you have long hair as a young kid? Not as a young kid, but as a teenager and into my early twenties.

What message is on your voice mail? Something simple like "Please leave a message, thanks."

Where would you like to go right now? I'd like to go to Paris.

What do you think about most? My death and how soon it will occur.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Who the hell smokes peanut shells?

My word verification is axgay. Hmmmm.

Michael5000 said...

I like "I don't have a dog in this fight." I'm going to use it daily. Whether a valid opportunity presents itself or not. For a phrase that colorful, I'm willing to stretch it.