Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Berated, castigated

Math class was a review of fractions, which most of the class doesn't seem to get.

After class, the teacher took me aside and said to me, 'I know you understand, but I'd ask you to watch your professional demeanor, because it's starting to affect classroom climate."

Apparently I'd been talking and laughing a bit too much with a classmate who also finds the material basic at best.

Whoops. I felt embarrassed and guilty. I don't mean to be unprofessional and I certainly don't want to insult the teacher with rude behavior, nor would I want to distract the less adroit students.

I take full responsibility because I ought to know better and I make no excuses... But the pretty girl was talking to me and saying funny stuff!

I'll be better in future.

No comments: