Sunday, October 08, 2006

Yet another

As I predicted, I'm doing quite a few of these lately. Gunner sent me this one. Hell, it takes my mind off my troubles for a few precious seconds.

1. The phone rings. Who do you want it to be?
Selma Hayek, asking me to come away with her. Si, Selma, si!

2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart?
People who don't are assholes.

3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener?
Depends on how comfortable I am. I am extremely verbose, sometimes to the point of annoyance, but if I just meet you, I may go the whole night without saying a word to you.

4. Do you take compliments well?
Not really. I have self-esteem issues.

5. Are you an athletic person?
No, despite my weightlifting and clean living, I am weak and get winded easily.

6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive?
I'd like to think so, but I doubt it.

7. Do you like to ride horses?
I've had fun riding, but I could go the rest of my life without ever touching saddle again and I wouldn't miss it.

8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid?
I went to computer camp once. I am a geek. I was also a Cub Scout.

9. What was your favorite game as a kid?
I liked to pretend my friends and I were heroes or spies and so on, and I would mastermind long, drawn-out action operas that we'd play. I was a GM in my mind before I ever even heard of D&D!

10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you get involved with him/her?
Never.

11. Are you judgmental?
Yeah.

12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you?
Sure, unless they were nuts about it like, say, the Murderer.

13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued?
I like to be pursued. I'm shy and it strokes my fragile little ego.

14. Can you speak another language?
I'm fairly fluent in French. I've dabbled in others but never gotten very far.

15. If you had to choose, would you rather be deaf or blind?
That's tough. Music is a huge part of my life, but so is reading. I guess blind, because I can always listen to books on tape.

16. What's your favorite food?
I like spaghetti with cheese. But I also like sushi. And pizza.

17. Do you know how to shoot a gun?
Yes, but I'm not a great shot. I haven't been to the range in a couple of years. I can put a bullet into an intruder's head at ten feet, though, so that's good enough.

18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed?
Assuming the Dog could get out on her own feet --- and why not --- my computer.

19. How often do you read books?
Every day. When I'm otherwise occupied, say with school, I don't read as much, but that's a relative term, because I've been known to read a book a day for a month straight.

20. Do you think more about the past, present or future?
I obsess about the present constantly, much to the detriment of my psyche. However, fretting over the past has often made me sick with stress. Who has time to worry about the future?

21. What is your favorite children's book?
The Giving Tree always brings a tear to my eye, but I was probably influenced most by The Book of Three. As an adult looking back, I'd say The Wind in the Willows.

22. What color are your eyes?
They change from light brown to green and back, depending on the light, I'm told.

23. What was your first concert?
The Rolling Stones, Guns 'N' Roses and Living Colour. Los Angeles, 1990. Surprise guest Eric Clapton. I started out the gate with a bang.

24. Where is your dream house located?
Paris.

25. Last person you talked to?
My father, via telephone.

26. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth?
I don't believe so.

27. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden?
A good few years. It's good for college students, but once you have taste, it's best to go to a real restaurant.

28. What are your keys on your key chain for?
Car, house, work, parents' house.

29. What acclaimed musical act do you just not care about?
Coldplay.

30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today?
Work, which is not far.

31. Where is your current pain at?
In my soul.

32. Do you like mustard?
On hot dogs.

33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat?
Sleep, except at night, when my body suddenly decides that I hate sleep.

34. Do you look like your mom or dad?
Neither, really.

35. How long does it take you in the shower?
To do what?

36. Can you do splits?
No, but I can put one foot behind my head.

37. What movie do you want to see right now?
The new Scorcese picture with all the testosterone. The Departed, I think.

38. Do you put lotion on your dog or cats?
What the hell??!? It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again!

39. Do you own a camera phone?
Nope. But although I have no desire to take pictures while I'm calling to talk to people, I often have the intense desire to call people while I'm taking pictures. Where is my phone camera?!

40. What are you drinking?
Chocolate Silk.

41. Who was your favorite American Idol?
I have never watched a single minute of this show.

42. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Six or so.

43. Do you know how to play poker?
Yes, and I can break even with the best of them, unless I've been drinking in which case I lose money extremely rapidly, as happened at the Friar's wedding.

44. Do you wear your seatbelt?
People who don't are idiots.

45. Got any piercings?
No. Piercings freak me out. Even on girls.

46. Ever been to LA?
Yes. It's an interesting place, and if I were a writer I'd love to live there. It seems like it would probably suck if you weren't "somebody," though.

47. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads?
I grab the occasional free legal download when I want to investigate an artist, but if I like some music, I buy the record. Crazy concept.

48. Is your cell usually on vibrate or ring?
It's been on vibrate for over a week now. I'm in a "I'll get your message and call you back later" phase. Not that my phone is exactly exploding with calls lately...

49. Are you gullible?
Considering the events of this past summer (the Spooky saga), I'd have to give this one a definite yes. I tend to take people at their word when they say things.

50. Do you need a significant other in your life to be happy?
I'm afraid so.

51. What is your dream job (a real, reasonable job that you have interest in)?
What, Executive Manager of Sleeping With Jessica Simpson isn't a real job? Oh, all right, then. This is weird, but I'd like to write comics.

52. Do you have a Tivo? What's on it?
I don't even have a TV.

No comments: