I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades
--- Timbuk3, "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades"
A half day at work again. Two more of those and no more having to go to H Elementary again. I've talked to several of my classmates, and we agree: the teachers there suck. Today I sat in on two classrooms I've already been to: one fourth grade class with a very lecture-like style and one Spanish-only class, which I understood only the very barest gist of.
In Classroom Management, we split into our presentation groups. Our project on Boys Town is coming along nicely; we're going to do a skit recreating the founding of Boys Town and possibly show a clip from the movie. I'm in charge of giving a few facts after the skit. We also watched a less than enthralling, and not hugely relevant, video of Jim Fay talking.
Played Trivial Pursuit with Spooky at my house. She beat me. I have decided that she's a pretty damn good girlfriend. She's the soul of helpfulness, she took me to one of the finest restaurants I've eaten at in a long while last St. Patrick's Day, she likes to read, she's crazy about me and cares what I think... And I don't know if it's a case of seeing through romantic eyes, or the influence of others who've said she's cute, but I don't really see why I thought her unattractive before. She's very nice looking.
Here are some amusing slut jokes that Spooky and I developed. Warning: nerdish at times, and not all that funny.
- She's laid more pipe than an oil man in Alaska.
- Her chest has had more hands on it than the poker table at Binion's.
- She's smoked more pipe than Sherlock Holmes.
- She's given more head than the French Revolution.
- She's gotten more guys to third base than [name of some infamously bad MLB pitcher].
- She's smoked more meat than [refer to local barbecue joint of your choice].
- She's seen more come than an obedience school.
- She's spread more than margarine.
- She's gotten more clap than Placido Domingo.