Tuesday, March 28, 2006

One star shining

Heard that tune, and now I'm pining
Honey, can't you see
'Cause every time I hear that melody
Well, something breaks inside
--- Tom Waits, "Grapefruit Moon"

At the Job, I talked to the Boss about working the afternoon shift instead of mornings; it would be easier on me and mesh with my night school schedule better. However, she vetoed the idea, except in the case of Fridays, when she wants to spend time away from the school with her daughter, so she prefers me to take her place. Showing once again her infamous predilection for heavily favoring her own whims when determining schedules.

In Science, we did our Life Science presentations; I did the animal teeth lesson I did by default after the teacher got her wires crossed about my original plan. I felt confident while talking, but the hands-on stuff didn't go as smoothly as I'd liked. On the whole it wasn't the eximious and special display I think of myself as giving; I don't feel exactly exuberant with victory about it. I didn't get any more applause than anyone else, and though a few people said I did well, it may be they were just being polite. Anyway, I shall see, for our lessons were videotaped, and we have to write two-page essay style critiques of our efforts!

Very very busy. two things due tomorrow in Math Methods, it's 11 p.m. and I have H Elementary to go to after work tomorrow...

No comments: