Sunday, June 18, 2006

Apparently, this stuff is good for you

I went shopping a the Hippie Food Store, as is my weekly habit. I finally broke down and bought a bottle of Pom Wonderful --- sixteen ounces of ruby-red, sweet-sour pomegranate juice.

It's been established by a few studies to be heart healthy, removing the "bad" cholesterols from the blood. It's crammed with antioxidants, and according to the BBC, is also "brimming with vitamins A, C, E and iron." Oh yeah? Then how come the nutrition information on my bottle says "Vitamin A: 0%. Vitamin C: 0%. Calcium: 0%. Iron: 0%?" In fact, according to the label, this stuff is pretty much all sugars and potassium. Oh well, I won't argue with the scienticians. They know their business, I suppose.

It tastes OK, but I'm sure as hell not going to rush out and buy a case of it. But I wouldn't mind following in the footsteps of these health-conscious lushes. Prosit!

No comments: