Friday, June 30, 2006

Gotta find a janitor to sweep me off my feet

The Job was pure unadulterated heck today. We had a sink installed in one of the rooms so we had to crowd everyone into the smaller room. Then a toilet overflowed as we were setting out the mats for nap. The Negative Teacher called out to Boss (who has been coming in very late and leaving very early these days as part of a deliberate plan to phase herself out and put more repsonsibility on the new administrator [though she's still drawing the biggest full-time salary in the school]) that the toilet was overflowing. According to report --- I didn't hear --- Boss looked back at her and said in a sarcastic tone, "Plunger? Mop? Do you think you can think of something to do with these items?" And continued to sit in front, doing not much of importance as far as I know.

I'm a patient guy, but that was truly rude. I don't know what I would do if she'd said that to me --- though Boss tends to treat me with kid gloves compared to the rest of the staff. Lady, we know what to do in the crisis --- we want help! We were dealing with 15 kids, snack clean up and transition to nap, and she didn't lift a solitary buttcheek to help. So of course, it fell to me to mop up the overflowed toilet and then plunge it later. And put down mats and try to get the kids calmed down. In our small eating room that gets irritatingly hot in the afternoons. Teacher M took the older kids to the half of the other room that wasn't being worked on to rest, but Boss stuck her nose in our doings as per usual and told M that they didn't need to rest anymore. Lady, you deal with grumpy kids who, yes, really do need a nap!

So anyway, crappy day.

***

Reading II, boring, pop quiz, did fine, Ms. L didn't grade our papers because she's incompetent, yadda yadda.

No comments: