Saturday, March 25, 2006

I was a young boy that had big plans

Life's a bitch and so am I
The world owes me, so fuck you
Wasted youth and a fistful of ideals
I had a young and optimisitic point of view
--- Green Day, "The Grouch"

* Spooky's Babydaddy fixed my phone a few days back. I thought it beyond repair after being submerged in soapy water and washed briefly on the 17th. Yet it's once again as good as it always was, so I returned the new phone I bought! Yes! Money back! Score! (Hey, it's the little victories in life that count.)

* As I predicted, Babydaddy and Baby never did go on their big Austin vacation --- first they were going be gone all week, but then he got a jury duty notice or some crap, so then it was going to be that weekend, but something else came up, so it was moved to the next weekend, then Friday got changed to Saturday, etc., etc. Also, Spooky canceled her surgery and has not rescheduled yet. Also, she still has no car, nor has she rented one or tried to have the old one fixed. See what I mean about nothing ever getting done? It grows frustrating.

* I made myself a mix CD featuring five different versions of the same song: "Visions Of Johanna" by Bob Dylan. There are fifteen other songs on the mix, but like a skull and amniotic fluid, they serve only to provide a context for the important part.

* Dinner plans made and canceled with Spooky; dinner plans made and canceled with the Friar and 74. Ate pizza with my parents.

* I've bought two more graphic novels since the Bone purchases in February. I got the first TPB of Grant Morrison's Seven Soldiers and am undecided. I like Morrison's work, but may have to see the big picture before I'm satisfied. There are many bits of greatness here --- like the Klarion story --- but we haven't even gotten to Frankenstein yet, so the story's barely begun. Another day, I bought the fourth volume of Brubaker's Catwoman, Wild Ride. Not the best of the series --- it works better as an insulated noir tale, and here Selina is on the road and out of her element --- but I did enjoy how Brubaker handles some of the DCU's cities and their denizens. These are the first two TPB's I've paid full price for this year, setting me back $16 each. I like these books, but I'm prouder of myself when I get stuff on sale.

* Oatmeal is not to be fucked with.

No comments: