Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Voices have been scattered by the swirling winds of time

If you waste your time a-talkin' to the people who don't listen
To the things that you are sayin' who do you think's gonna hear?
And if you should die explainin' how the things that they complain about
Are things they could be changin', who do you think's gonna care?
--- Kris Kristofferson, "To Beat the Devil"

After working my ass off writing up the five-page Science Methods lesson plan on birds suggested to me by Ms. P at our conference on the 28th of February, she tells me after class today that she was under the impression I was doing some other topic, and someone in my group is doing the exact same thing! So now I have to do something else! What a freaking pain in my goddam ass! I worked hard on that thing, all for nothing. And not only did Ms. C and I discuss that I was going to do this topic (a discussion she apparently promptly forgot), all of us students were long ago given a list of all the projects out group was going to do, and no one said at any point that they were doing the goddam birds! Holy Shiva and hopping Krishna on a stick! And now I have to meet Ms. P at her office again tomorrow after school! [Insert long list of vulgar expletives]

*pant pant*

Anyway, after class tonight I swung by Spooky's. (Babbydaddy was with his paramour who lives next door. Yes, I'm aware of the weirdness.] We hung out for a while, watching TV and talking. As usual, she was worrying about her rocky relations with Babydaddy. Speaking of whom, he and Baby were supposed to be out of town all this week, but as with so much else in Spooky's chaotic life, something always seems to come up, and they haven't gone. First they were leaving Monday, then today, now tomorrow. I'm sure they won't ever take their trip. I probably shouldn't have gone over there tonight --- it's now late and I have work tomorrow.

Still, the good news is that apparently not only does my Math Methods class not meet tomorrow, the lesson plan that was supposed to be turned in via email by this Friday has been postponed, so we only have two assignments due next Wednesday.

No comments: