Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A little vagabond, a sprite in the dark

I tried to hide a little thought
The more I tried the worse things got...
Just a stray little stray, stray, stray
In trying to hide it I asked it to stay
--- Jonathan Richman, "To Hide a Little Thought"

* This is my 200th post! How about that, JoJo?

"Well, uh, that's pretty good there, Chance."

Thanks, JoJo! You're the best! Keep on a-rockin'!

* Last Classroom Management session, Ms. P returned our competencies projects. Some students did brief note cards; I spent a lot of time on it and typed out 31 pages. Ms. P, handing them back, said, "You all got full points! I was reading them in a place I didn't have a pen [or some other equally flimsy excuse], so there are no comments or grades written on there, but you all got the same score, fifteen out of fifteen." What a joke. I don't begrudge my effort --- I knew I didn't need to work as hard as I did, and went the extra mile for my own professional and intellectual development, not for the teacher or a grade --- but I do resent a teacher not doing her damn job and at least pretending to have something of worth to say about her students' work.

* My classmate C from Science Methods told me about this date she was on. She told the guy how she hadn't been eating much lately, and he replied, "Well, I can see why; you still have to lose about ten to twenty pounds." Now, C is a girl around five foot nothing and 94 pounds. But that's beside the point, which is that even if that were true, what kind of protopathic ape-man says that to a girl on a date? What the fuck is wrong with people? I mean to say, what the fuck?

* I've said it before and I'll say it again. I am the world's biggest damn procrastinator. I have a couple of projects to do before Friday. Ugh.

No comments: