Sunday, March 19, 2006

Who'll stop the rain?

Still the rain kept pourin', fallin' on my ears
And I wonder, still I wonder
Who'll stop the rain

--- Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Who'll Stop the Rain"

No, seriously, I want to know. It's been freakin' pouring here. What with the thunder and the lightning and the hey hey. The floodwaters are rising around my steps out there.

Spooky was very sick at her house today. She almost called 911 and went to the hospital, but opted just to self-medicate (she has an RN degree, though she doesn't practice) on the advice of her doctor. Scary stuff, and me at home with roads closed due to flooding.

Went to TriviaBar with the parents. Spooky, feeling momentarily better, joined us for a round or two. So now Father's met her too; he seemed approving. Our team won. The waitress W was there, but no T; perhaps she no longer works Sunday nights.

Spooky bought me a blender, "to replace the one that the Ex stole from you." That's sweet. I made a smoothie with protein powder and old frozen fruit.

1 comment:

Kim said...

OK?!?! I'm looking for the animals two-by-two to swim by any second now!