Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm heavenly blessed and worldly wise

Things are going great, and they're only getting better
I'm doing all right, getting good grades
The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades
--- Timbuk3, "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades"

A half day at work again. Two more of those and no more having to go to H Elementary again. I've talked to several of my classmates, and we agree: the teachers there suck. Today I sat in on two classrooms I've already been to: one fourth grade class with a very lecture-like style and one Spanish-only class, which I understood only the very barest gist of.

In Classroom Management, we split into our presentation groups. Our project on Boys Town is coming along nicely; we're going to do a skit recreating the founding of Boys Town and possibly show a clip from the movie. I'm in charge of giving a few facts after the skit. We also watched a less than enthralling, and not hugely relevant, video of Jim Fay talking.

Played Trivial Pursuit with Spooky at my house. She beat me. I have decided that she's a pretty damn good girlfriend. She's the soul of helpfulness, she took me to one of the finest restaurants I've eaten at in a long while last St. Patrick's Day, she likes to read, she's crazy about me and cares what I think... And I don't know if it's a case of seeing through romantic eyes, or the influence of others who've said she's cute, but I don't really see why I thought her unattractive before. She's very nice looking.

Here are some amusing slut jokes that Spooky and I developed. Warning: nerdish at times, and not all that funny.
  • She's laid more pipe than an oil man in Alaska.
  • Her chest has had more hands on it than the poker table at Binion's.
  • She's smoked more pipe than Sherlock Holmes.
  • She's given more head than the French Revolution.
  • She's gotten more guys to third base than [name of some infamously bad MLB pitcher].
  • She's smoked more meat than [refer to local barbecue joint of your choice].
  • She's seen more come than an obedience school.
  • She's spread more than margarine.
  • She's gotten more clap than Placido Domingo.

No comments: