Saturday, March 11, 2006

Mirrored self-affliction

Bathed in perspiration drowned my enemies
Used my inspiration for a guillotine
I fire a loaded mental cannon to the page
Leaning on the pedestal that holds my self denial
Firing the pistol that shoots my holy pride
Sitting here like wet ashes with X's in my eyes
--- Soundgarden, "Drawing Flies"

Speaking of Soundgarden, read this, you bastich!

***

And, no longer even remotely referring to Soundgarden, listen to this. This is funnier than a goddam rotating chair. You can call them Aaron Burr from the way they're dropping Hamiltons, indeed.

***

As for my day, I picked up MA after work and watched "Seinfeld" with her. Then she had to get ready for a party, so I left and picked up Spooky. We went to the Hangout and played video games and had drinks. Went to my place and hung out for a while. We are extremely compatible physically. It wasn't all sweat and writhing, as we also played the book lover's edition of Trivial Pursuit. Oh yes, we are huge fucking nerds. I told Spooky that I loved her today; I suppose it's as true as anything is. We did have a little friction tonight, with my resentment over how deeply entrenched Babydaddy is in her life, and her passing jealousy of MA (which, to me, is not at all commensurate; while MA and I helped each other through respective breakups and as a result have an emotional bond, we have never so much as romantically kissed, while this guy is the father of her child and has lived with her for years).

On the whole, though, we get along great and I'm pretty damn happy.

1 comment:

Kim said...

WoW! "I Love You." That's taking it to a new level. And you're happy, too. Taking baby to the doctor spelled love before you said it. You know what? Do your thing. But you're right to continue to question Baby Daddy issues. Get those under control and you may really have something promising.