Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Evil things, in robes of sorrow, assailed the monarch's high estate

Went out to look at new places to lease again today. One was exactly what I was looking for, but when the realtor called to find out the application fee, they said it had been taken the day before. Lame. So I put in applications for two likely-looking second choices, and we heard back within an hour from one. My realtor called to say they'd approved me and it was mine if I wanted it. Then, not ten minutes later, he called back, saying that the owners now wanted to see my "highest bid" for the place before noon tomorrow. Apparently, the other applicant, upon hearing he was not approved, said they'd pay a higher rent (an offer they didn't specify to me). So the owners thought they had a little bidding war on their hands.

In this housing market? I know here in Devil-Town it's not as bad as it is elsewhere, but this is still a buyer's smorgasbord. Fuck that noise! Also, not cool to call and say I was approved only to rescind the verbal offer a few minutes later. I guess I'll keep looking.

***

My father's been visiting Brother for the last three weeks and came back tonight. Potato picked him up. I came over, of course. It turns out that he's still on the drugs from that quack meth house, still blathering the same lame excuses, still acting half-zonked. There was a scene with my mother. Voices were raised.

I know it's wrong to say about my father, but most of the time these days I think that if he wants to be a junkie, he should just leave his family out of it and go rot on Skid Row.

2 comments:

Churlita said...

Hey, you're writing regularly again. Yea! How lame that they tried to get you in a bidding war. Greed is so annoying.

Michael5000 said...

You live in "Devil-town"? Wow, that doesn't sound like a fun town at all. I'd definitely hold out for a low rent.