Sunday, August 03, 2008

The force that blasts the roots of trees is my destroyer

Trivia Bar, where my mother likes me to take her of a Sunday, has a promotion where a birthday celebrant gets [their age]% off the entire check for their entire party, minus alcohol. So we got there early today and had a birthday dinner at 2/3 off. My mother doesn't really have friends, but my friends --- Friar, 74, T-Bone, and their families --- came to wish her a happy one and to eat some middle-grade food. They brought their squirmy, peeved children, and left before the trivia game began. My mother, Potato, and I stayed the whole boring next three hours, and came in second.

It's not how I would pass an evening, but it's pretty much the only time my mother ever leaves her house, so I don't mind going once a week.

Hot Waitress W, still working there (I'm not entirely sure if she ever finished her certificate), said that just had to join her and her friends at her favorite bar after work at 1:30 a.m. I don't see that happening; I think I'm too old or lame or lazy for those kinds of shenanigans. Besides, I'm trying to get up earlier and earlier this week in anticipation for work starting Monday.

1 comment:

Michael5000 said...

Aye, yer a good lad to yer mutter, Chance. But ya shoulda investigated Hot Waitress W.'s invitation though. I base this on the one thing I can say for sure about Hot Waitress W, besides that she's a Waitress: She's Hot.