Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Now I could tell you what I'm thinking, but it never seems to do me good

Went to see father in the hospital. He seemed have just a bit more pep, possibly due to whatever solution they were pumping into him. But he's not eating, and the nurse expressed concern at that. I encouraged him to eat, but he refused all entreaties. My brother and I think his mkain problem is attitude. He's always been a pessimistic person, and now he may have convinced himself that he's "on the way out," as he himself put it without emotion.

***

Still putting the room together at work. Every new thing I do seems to bring up five more little chores that need to be done. I need to set up an All About Me board, a Word Wall, name tags for chairs, a job chart... It seems endless, and the kids arrive Wednesday.

I wrote sixteen postcards --- one to each of my students --- and boy is my hand tired. Good night.

1 comment:

Churlita said...

That's so sweet about the postcards. I bet your students just love you.