Saturday, April 15, 2006

If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
And you're working for no one but me
--- The Beatles, "Taxman"

You know what I think when I see that title line, above? Walking really does tax the feet.

I did my taxes a few days back. Actually, I had H & R Block do it. It was a load off my mind, at the low, low cost of about 40% of my refund. Yeah, very expensive, but I wouldn't have been able to figure in all my school-related deductions without professional help.

Todd: Daddy, what do taxes pay for?
Ned: Oh, why, everything! Policemen, trees, sunshine... And let's not forget the folks who just don't feel like working, God bless 'em!
--- "The Simpsons," "The Trouble With Trillions"

No comments: