Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Your voice across the line gives me a strange sensation

It's good to hear your voice, you know it's been so long
If I don't get your call then everything goes wrong
I want to tell you something you've known all along
Don't leave me hanging on the telephone
--- Blondie, "Hanging On the Telephone"

***

And now, a little advice from the Romance-language poets.

Si quieres ser feliz, como me dices,
¡no analices, muchacho, no analices!
--- Joaquín María Bartrina

On the other hand...

En toute chose il faut considérer la fin.
--- Jean de la Fontaine

***

I registered for the TExES test today! I'm well on the road To Be a Teacher! yep, on June 10, I will take both the Ec-4 Generalist tests and the EC-4 PPR tests. To be on the safe side, I signed up at State School for a practice Generalist session in late May. The midterm and final for Classroom Management were meant to mimic the PPR exam, and I got an 86% and 89% on those, respectively, so I'm not too worried. Still, it's a test that deals in rather subjective issues (what is the best way..." or "What is the most appropriate action..."), and those always trouble me a bit.

***

I had a couple of nice phone conversations with Ram today. Part of me wants for Spooky and I to be over if there's even the slightest chance that Ram and I could start dating again; the other part of me, of course, feels horribly guilt about that.

No comments: