Sunday, April 23, 2006

The world kicks back

An ending fitting for the start
You twist and tore our love apart
Your light fingers through the dark
That shattered the lamp and into the darkness cast us
--- The Libertines, "Can't Stand Me Now"

Working on two take-home tests and studying for two finals. Didn't go to the TriviaBar and no contact with Spooky, except a text from her that she wants her photos back. She's nuts; there's never any middle ground with her; either total adoration or we're utterly finished. And me, I'm not even sure how I feel about the whole thing. If this is it and we are over for real this time, am I sad? Resentful at being somehow "used"? Relieved I don't have to deal with the drama anymore? Optimistically cynical ("oh, well, at least we had a good run")? I honestly don't know.

I'll have to introspect a bit after all this studying is over. ΓΝΩΘΙ ΣΑΥΤΟΝ, I always say.

No comments: